[c-nsp] PFC for iSCSI on Nexus

Tom ww10ww10 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 12:54:51 EDT 2010

Hello,
Based on what I've read PFC (Priority Flow Control) just does a
"pause" type functionality on a more granular level, per CoS instead
of a per link. I was wondering if you could configure PFC policy for
iSCSI on the Cisco Nexus 5000s or is that only hard written for only
FCoE? Not sure how that would work with the TCP transmit queues but
should create a lossless functionality for iSCSI.

Anyone has a Nexus 5000 and played around with the PFC configuration?

Thanks