[c-nsp] Router to push 622Mbps

roy bandwidth.user at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 05:52:29 EDT 2010

Clinging to a budget, we were looking at a pair 7304/NSE-100 linked by
STM4 in-between and taking a total of 7 full BGP feeds through FE/GE
uplinks on the edges. Other features we wish to enable are: MPLS TE,
VRF, PW, ACLs, iBGP and OSPF.

 From the shiny sheet, NSE could handle up to 3.5 Mpps at 64. Also says
it can push 4Gbps bidirectional.

Wary of getting small-sized packet floods of 49B or less, I'm not quite
sure if those boxes will be able to forward very small packets without
issues.

Am I looking at the right boxes or it must be the big ones (ASR1K and
6K/76xx/12K)? As much as possible, we'd love to stick with Cisco. Any
relevant good/bad experiences on 7304's would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

roy