[c-nsp] 6500 xconnect port-channel?

Benjamin Lovell belovell at cisco.com
Wed Jul 14 09:49:45 EDT 2010

I would test this for load-sharing with your traffic profile. It's been a while since I looked at this but I think the port channel hashing criteria is limited when xconnect terminates to a port-channel.

If I remember correctly we cannot do port channel hash on IP header when coming off an EoMPLS tunnel. So if all/alot of traffic has same MAC then you will get sub-optimal load-sharing.

-Ben

-Ben