[c-nsp] 6500 xconnect port-channel?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Wed Jul 14 12:13:08 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 13:32 +0100, a kind soul wrote:
> This is not only supported but is the Cisco recommended way to extend
> L2 between datacentres.
> See page 32 of the Data Centre Interconnect Design Guide:
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Data_Center/DCI/DCI2_External.pdf
[...]
> One thing to keep in mind is behaviour of Port Channel in case of PW
> failure. ASK1k can do Remote Ethernet Port Shutdown, 6500 can use EEM
> (see page 59 of same document).

Thank you for that link. Currently we count on Rapid-PVST to discover PW
failure, which should discover it in something like 6 seconds.

A kind of "link poisoning" would be nice, but the PFC3B doesn't seem to
support that.

Would anybody know of a better/faster way of discovering link-down on L2
links? Is there any way to permanently enable LACP fast hellos, and how
fast are they actually?

The links on the CE would run UDLD through the PW, but AFAICT that's
slower than the RPVST dead-time.

--
Peter