[c-nsp] list interface type via snmp?

D.J. O'Berry doberry at zcorum.com
Sat Jul 17 13:46:25 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I have a Cisco 7204 router. I am monitoring this device via nagios.
However, I wish to monitor individual ports on the router via snmp as
well. I have studied Cisco's SNMP page, but, is there an easier way to
matchup the ports by list in the router or via snmp? My router also
terminates PPPoE/PPPoA and has several Virtual interfaces created at all
times. I'm having trouble finding with interface number in an snmpwalk
is which interface.

What I'm looking for is a way to list out each port with it's
corresponding mib,

example:

IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.1 = INTEGER: up(1)
IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.2 = INTEGER: down(2)
IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.3 = INTEGER: up(1)

This gives me the status, yes, but I also would like to be able to
easily identify the actual interfaces these are as well.

Thanks in advance.