[c-nsp] list interface type via snmp?

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Sat Jul 17 14:44:07 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-07-17 at 13:46 -0400, D.J. O'Berry wrote:
> IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.1 = INTEGER: up(1)
> IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.2 = INTEGER: down(2)
> IF-MIB::ifAdminStatus.3 = INTEGER: up(1)
>
> This gives me the status, yes, but I also would like to be able to
> easily identify the actual interfaces these are as well.

Try walking IF-MIB::ifMIB, and you will see a.o. the following

 IF-MIB::ifName         Short name, e.g. "Fa0/1"
 IF-MIB::ifAlias        Interface description
 IF-MIB::ifHighSpeed    Interface bandwidth in mbps

If you need more details about the specific interface types you need to
look at ENTITY-MIB (try walking ENTITY-MIB::entityMIB). You can match up
data from IF-MIB with ENTITY-MIB::entAliasMappingIdentifier.

--
Peter