[c-nsp] Failover VPN and EIGRP

Jan Gregor jan.gregor at chronix.org
Mon Jul 19 11:18:50 EDT 2010

Hi,

> We want to be able to automatically sense when the Internet circuit at
> DC A fails so we can also route traffic to the remote offices out the
> DC B router. (If the Internet circuit fails, both interfaces of the DC
> A router will be up.)
>
> Are there any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?
Just out of top of my head, run EIGRP between brenches and secondary
router instead of static routes? This way when EIGRP between primary
router and branches fails, the traffic will be automatically rerouted to
secondary router.
IMHO floating statics are good for dial-on-demand, for dynamic VPNs
routing protocol is the way to go.

Best regards,

Jan