[c-nsp] Etherchannel load balancing catalyst 3560-E-24TS

Ivan Šimko ivan.simko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 19:06:35 EDT 2010

Hi all

I'd like to know if is possible to achieve equal load balancing on 3560-E-TS
switch.
Basically I got 2 switches interconneted with 2 FE ports. 200Mbps is
desirable throughput between themselves. IP routing enabled. CEF not
enabled.

port channel is L2 trunk dot1q.
I have 2 VRFs
VLAN 100 - SW1 customer VRF1
VLAN 200 - SW1 and SW2 interconnection between swithces for VRF1
VLAN 300 - SW2 customer VRF1

VLAN 400 - SW1 customer 2 VRF2
VLAN 500 - SW1 and SW2 interconnection between swtiches for VRF2
VLAN 600 - SW2 customer 2 VRF2

over SVIs is running 2 OSPF processes for VRFs.
Routing is fine.

My issue is as follow:
I can't achieve load balancing even I'm trying to setup src-ip, dst-ip etc.
cisco describes examples but on CCIE blog guy is saying use same config on
each end of etherchannel group otherwise won't work.
I've speculated with all possible combination (hope :) but no success.

Strange is that I'm using testers dedicated to generate traffic.
VRF1 has full 100Mbps duplex
VRF2 has follow:
SW 1 side tester1 : TX-100Mbps RX-100Mbps
SW 2 side tester2 : TX-100Mbps RX-50Mbps

Can You please explain me where is 50Mbps?
Hope these 50s are not in different VRF.

Thanks a lot