[c-nsp] NX-OS - Fabric Path

Lincoln Dale ltd at cisco.com
Mon Jul 19 23:51:03 EDT 2010

i'm guessing whoever upgraded the NX-OS on these did so using scp/ftp/tftp and thus needed to assign an ip-address to do so.

you could verify either way by looking at the output from "show accounting log" which saves all config commands and is persistent across power-loss and based on the date/time recorded there or order-of-events will likely give you an indication of whether it was your guys or the partner.

the only reason i replied is that i've never heard of us ever doing such a thing, because it would be an incredibly dumb thing to do.  setting a default ip-address might work for a home gateway router / switch, but for something in the data center - no. :)

cheers,

lincoln.