[c-nsp] Router to push 622Mbps

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Jul 20 05:37:40 EDT 2010

On Tuesday, July 20, 2010 03:54:28 pm Benny Amorsen wrote:

> Juniper doesn't really have anything in the low-end (up
> to 5Gbps) hardware router space right now. You can go
> M7i or M10i, but gigabit ethernet interfaces are
> expensive.

Yep, they're pricey, and given the real-estate the router
takes up in a single rack, the inability to push a slot
beyond 1Gbps is problematic.

In this day & age, if one is looking to future-proof, we
should be able to work with a platform that can scale to at
least 10Gbps/slot, regardless of its size (typical Metro
Access boxes not included).

Cheers,

Mark.