[c-nsp] Router to push 622Mbps

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Jul 20 05:28:23 EDT 2010

On Monday, July 19, 2010 07:49:58 pm Phil Pierotti wrote:

> Aside from the MX line being devoted specifically to
> ethernet interfaces, in what way is an MX-80 not a good
> competitor to (for example) an ASR1002?

What would stand out the most, for me, is that the MX80
won't do SONET/SDH or some other non-Ethernet services.

That said, one would suspect that Juniper could come out
with non-Ethernet MIC's, particularly POS-based units.
Whether they make cost-sense to operators or not, is another
issue :-).

Of course, if your network is largely or solely Ethernet,
the choice is obvious given the scaling requirements.

Cheers,

Mark.