[c-nsp] Hughes v iDirect

Martin Moens Moens at carrier2carrier.com
Wed Jul 21 14:48:45 EDT 2010

We host around 10 iDirect hubs for several customers, after quite a lot of
issues with previous sw versions I don't hear a lot of complaints from the
customers on stability, as far as I know the iDirect product has matured. An
issue with bigger hubs could be the large number of servers needed for
Protocol processors and NMS producing a lot of heat and consuming a lot of
power.
We run ourselves a Viasat Linkstar hub, this could also be good candidate for
the needs of th OP. We are very happy with the performance of this hub. No
experience with Hughes.

Martin