[c-nsp] Sup 720 - a very high number SP - RP crash

krunal shah krun.shah at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 09:57:56 EDT 2010

I got a case opened for one of our issue and TAC provided following bug

CSCso87348- Corruption in subflow code

Symptoms:
A Catalyst 6500, Cisco 7600 or Cisco 7200 router may reload unexpectedly.
 Additionally, this single ddts can affect T train platforms on limited
releases as detailed below.

Conditions:
Occurs when NetFlow is configured.

Workaround:
Disable NetFlow. This is done with the following commands:

no ip flow ingress
no ip flow egress
no ip route-cache flow

Enter the appropriate command for each subinterface for which NetFlow is
currently configured.

Other Notes:
12.4(23) is affected by this ddts.  The fix is in releases thereafter for
12.4.

The 12.2SRC and 12.2SXH code trains are affected.  The specific versions
affected are 12.2(33)SXH, 12.2(33)SXH1, 12.2(33)SXH2, 12.2(33)SXH2a,
12.2(33)SRC, and 12.2(33)SRC1
The issue is fixed in the two affected code trains from the 12.2SXH3 and
12.2SRC2 releases onwards.

Krunal