[c-nsp] QPPB on Cisco 3750-ME

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Mon Jul 26 20:38:13 EDT 2010

Chris Mason wrote:

> I currently have a 3750-ME running 12.2(44)SE6 and I am
> having some interesting results when trying to use QPPB.
> When I send traffic in on this interface it isn't being
> marked

Are you certain QPPB is supported in this IOS version on the ME3750? If
it's not listed in the command reference my money would be on those
commands being unsupported. If all else fails, ask TAC - they're
incredibly efficient at pointing out when unsupported features are in
use.

It might also pay to check the marking of packets at ingress to your
next downstream device - I've seen various  kinds of weird counter
behaviour on the metros - packets being counted pre-QoS-policy in some
versions (hence prior to any 'set ip dscp' statements) on egress, egress
mls qos counters just not incrementing at all, ACL counters not
incrementing when packets are matched. It's possible the packets are
being marked as you wish - but I'd still lean toward QPPB being
unsupported.

I wish Cisco would just disable bloody commands unsupported by each
platform.

Regards,
Brad