[c-nsp] %ERROR: Standby doesn't support this command

Lee ler762 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 14:30:05 EDT 2010

On 7/30/10, Church, Charles <Charles.Church at harris.com> wrote:
> Anyone,
>
> 	I'm having issues with some 4510s with dual Sup6-E running
> 12.2(53)SG2 doing this on interface range command.  Making our deployment
> kind of tough:
>
> SCUAS01(config-if)#interface range GigabitEthernet1/1 - 48
> SCUAS01(config-if-range)# switchport mode access
> %ERROR: Standby doesn't support this command
> % Command failed on interface. Aborting
> SCUAS01(config)#

I don't remember the error message, but I've had that same type of
problem where a 'switchport mode access' fails when applied to a
range.  A
default int range g1/1 - 48
int range g1/1 - 48
 switchport mode access
gets around the problem.  But we have very few switches with dual
supervisors, so it might be a work-around for a different problem...

Regards,
Lee