[c-nsp] 12.2-33.SXI3 SSH broken after changing IP

Jeff Fitzwater jfitz at Princeton.EDU
Wed Jun 2 11:40:23 EDT 2010

My SSH connections fail after I changed IP address on box.

6500 running 12.2-33.SXI3

I had this problem a long time ago and don't remember how to fix it.

I do see that there is a bug related to it CSCtc41114 but it relates to HOSTNAME change and the procedure doesn't work or I am not doing it right.

I tried clearing the keys and re-generating them, but I still get AUTHENTICATION  failed on client, and on router I get logs ...

SSH2 1: RSA_sign: privae key not found
SSH2 1: signature creation failed, status -1

Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Fitzwater
OIT Network & Communications Systems