[c-nsp] HSRP On Bonded ADSL Iterface

Seth Mattinen sethm at rollernet.us
Mon Jun 7 16:59:01 EDT 2010

On 6/7/2010 13:13, Dominic wrote:
> Hi Everyone:
>
> I am doing HSRP between two cisco routers. One has a bonded ADSL. I am using the interface tracking option as well, but when the ADSL Lines are unplugged, HSRP does NOT kick in. Yes, HSRP is configured and  otherwise works well - it kicks in when the LAN cable is unplugged, for example. It  just diesn't kick in when  when the ADSL cables are unplugged.. I am asking HSRP to tracker interface dialer 1. Is this correct way to do it ? Am I missing something?
>
> Below is the HSRP config as well as all the ADSL config.
>
> Dominic
>

> interface FastEthernet0/0
>  description LAN HSRP INTERFACE
>  ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
>  no ip redirects
>  no ip unreachables
>  no ip proxy-arp
>  ip nat inside
>  ip virtual-reassembly
>  duplex auto
>  speed auto
>  standby 1 ip 192.168.1.1
>  standby 1 priority 105
>  standby 1 preempt delay minimum 60
>  standby 1 track 1 decrement 20
>  no mop enabled
>  service-policy output from.BTTVOIP.POLICY

"standby 1 track 1" means use "tracking object number 1", not interface
dialer1. Here's a working example from my network:

interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address x
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 standby 110 ip x
 standby 110 timers msec 500 2
 standby 110 preempt
 standby 110 track FastEthernet1/0 20
 standby 110 track 5 decrement 20

track 5 ip route x x reachability

As you can see, I'm tracking two things: the state of interface Fa1/0
and the presence of a route defined by tracking object 5.

~Seth