[c-nsp] HSRP On Bonded ADSL Iterface

Christopher Gatlin gatlin007 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 17:23:08 EDT 2010

I've had nothing but trouble with these fault tolerant ADSL schemes.
When forced to deal with them I use IP SLA to track an IP object out
the primary link.  When the object isn't reachable the default static
route is revoked from the route table and a pre-staged static default
with a high admin distance will send traffic out the secondary link.
The trick is choosing the target and using a /32 route to force that
traffic out the primary link so the object doesn't become recursive
out the secondary link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/12_3x/12_3xe/feature/guide/dbackupx.html

Chris
http://travelingtech.net