[c-nsp] HSRP On Bonded ADSL Iterface

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Wed Jun 9 12:33:32 EDT 2010

Am 07.06.2010 23:23, schrieb Christopher Gatlin:
> When forced to deal with them I use IP SLA to track an IP object out
> the primary link.  When the object isn't reachable the default static
> route is revoked from the route table and a pre-staged static default
> with a high admin distance will send traffic out the secondary link.
> The trick is choosing the target and using a /32 route to force that
> traffic out the primary link so the object doesn't become recursive
> out the secondary link.

I don't like to configure such 'static' external ping-targets on our
CPEs and rather use the "routing state" of the Dialer interface instead:

!
track 1 interface Dialer1 ip routing
!
interface Dialer1
 description MAIN
!
interface Dialer2
 description BACKUP
!
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1 track 1
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer2 250
!

I know this doesn't help if something is broken in the MAIN-providers
core (e.g. some routing problems), but it is an adequate solution to
implement simple DSL backups for us.

--
Gerald