[c-nsp] HSRP On Bonded ADSL Iterface

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Wed Jun 9 14:02:42 EDT 2010

Hi,

I agree with Gerald.

We do it the same way here for clients with multiple DSL access links (cf.
template bellow) :

    track 1 interface Dialer1 ip routing

!

track 2 interface Dialer2 ip routing

!

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1 track 1

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer2 (XXX) track 2      <== XXX is your metric
on the route ! When XXX=0, then your doing LB ;-)

!

ip nat inside source route-map sdsl1 interface Dialer1 overload

ip nat inside source route-map sdsl2 interface Dialer2 overload

!

access-list 1 permit 192.168.10.0 0.0.0.255

!

route-map sdsl1 permit 10

 match ip address 1

 match interface Dialer1

!

route-map sdsl2 permit 10

 match ip address 1

 match interface Dialer2

!

It works like a charm ! Your IOS will have to support the feature called
"Reliable Static Routing Back-up using Object Tracking".

You can always fine tune Tracking objects timers and ATM timers (if your
doing PPPoATM) but link is detected down in less than 20 sec (we lab'ed it)
and static route disappears from the IP routing table instantly ;-)

Y.

2010/6/9 Gerald Krause <gk at ax.tc>

> Am 07.06.2010 23:23, schrieb Christopher Gatlin:
> > When forced to deal with them I use IP SLA to track an IP object out
> > the primary link.  When the object isn't reachable the default static
> > route is revoked from the route table and a pre-staged static default
> > with a high admin distance will send traffic out the secondary link.
> > The trick is choosing the target and using a /32 route to force that
> > traffic out the primary link so the object doesn't become recursive
> > out the secondary link.
>
> I don't like to configure such 'static' external ping-targets on our
> CPEs and rather use the "routing state" of the Dialer interface instead:
>
> !
> track 1 interface Dialer1 ip routing
> !
> interface Dialer1
>  description MAIN
> !
> interface Dialer2
>  description BACKUP
> !
> ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer1 track 1
> ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Dialer2 250
> !
>
> I know this doesn't help if something is broken in the MAIN-providers
> core (e.g. some routing problems), but it is an adequate solution to
> implement simple DSL backups for us.
>
> --
> Gerald

Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR ………………………………………………
Ingénieur Réseaux et Télécoms

Technopole de l'Aube  en Champagne - BP 601 - 10901 TROYES  Cedex 9
Agence Paris : 6, rue Charles Floquet - 92120 MONTROUGE
Tel                 +33 (0) 825 000 720
Tel. direct      +33 (0) 1 77 35 59 14
Tel. portable  +33 (0) 6 22 42 63 80
Email            ybz at 720.fr