[c-nsp] ipv6 on a sup32?

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 02:37:19 EDT 2010

On 06/07/2010 10:45 PM, Christian MacNevin wrote:
> Thanks Gert.
>
> Another question I guess I should check is regarding how it'll handle
> the ipv6 routing. It'll be acting as L2 aggregator, which to me
> suggests we need to have ipv6 VACLs. That supported well enough on
> the 65 platform?

We've had bad luck with IPv6 VACLs on 6500/sup720 in the one place we
tried them (VACL capture). I can't remember the caveats, but it's
something to do with needing to enable "mac packet-classify" and that
blowing away most of the useful VACL features. sup32 is similar enough
in principle (i.e. it uses a PFC3) that I imagine the same caveats apply.

Check into this in detail if it's important to you.