[c-nsp] QoS and the Catalyst 4506e

Steven Pfister SPfister at dps.k12.oh.us
Tue Jun 8 16:51:19 EDT 2010

Thanks for the replies... I'm beginning to understand what to do.

How do I handle aggregate policers? From the config below, I've now got:

class-map match-all match_XYZ
 match access-group 142
!
!
policy-map police_XYZ
 class match_XYZ
    police cir 64000000 bc 8388608
      conform-action transmit
      exceed-action drop

but I didn't see anywhere to specify the aggregate keyword.

also, the global command "qos dbl"... do I add dbl to all the policy-maps?

And is there an equivalent to tx-queue?

Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,
The Office of Information Technology
Dayton Public Schools
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402

Office (937) 542-3149
Cell (937) 673-6779
Direct Connect: 137*131747*8
Email spfister at dps.k12.oh.us

Hi Steve,

The Sup6 and above use a more MQC based setup, that you may have encountered
on the "WAN" platforms (e.g. 7200, ASR). None of the commands starting "qos"
are available.

Create class-maps to match the DCSP values you want in each queue (DSCP
trust is on by default), then match these in a policy-map and add the dbl,
policing, minimum bandwidth as required, then bind the policy-map to the
relevant interface (e.g. service-policy X input). I believe you can
configure up to 8 class-maps in a valid policy, so you may like to think of
this as having 8 queues available.

Check cisco.com for more information.

Regards,

Sam