[c-nsp] QoS and the Catalyst 4506e

Steven Pfister SPfister at dps.k12.oh.us
Wed Jun 9 11:35:16 EDT 2010

I think I almost got it... is there any equivalent for aggregate policers for the Sup6e QoS? I've got something in the config now, but I'm not sure it's really going to have the desired effect.

Steve Pfister
Technical Coordinator,
The Office of Information Technology
Dayton Public Schools
115 S. Ludlow St.
Dayton, OH 45402

Office (937) 542-3149
Cell (937) 673-6779
Direct Connect: 137*131747*8
Email spfister at dps.k12.oh.us

Hi Steve,

I can't see any mention of aggregate policers for the Sup 6, but I could be
being blind:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/52sg/configuration/guide/qos.html#wp1474085

If you want dbl then I believe you have to enable under each class entry you
want it on.

There is no equivalent to the tx-queue, think of each class entry in the
policy map as a queue. You can make one of the eight possible classes an LLQ
by configuring 'priority' under the class entry.

Regards,

Sam