[c-nsp] H-VPLS BGP autodiscovery

tkapela at gmail.com tkapela at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 10:26:54 EDT 2010

You will need to adjust igp cost so that your signaling/sourcing PE router issues/sends tldp via the sip-based interface towards the far-end vpls speakers' loopback address. It would seem that your device is picking a link that's lower cost (via the 10 gig card) which cannot allocate labels for vpls vfi vc's.

You may also want to assign and deploy a second set of loopbacks on your devices, specifically for use in signaling (and costing/adjusting via an igp or ibgp) vpls vfi setup. A different target (loopback) will permit you to run a "normal" igp-related mpls+ip topology allongside a slightly different one, with tweaks you apply so that tldp sessions for vfis take different links/egress paths.

The pfc3 will not (read: cannot) allocate labels which terminate to a local vfi *and* which have a P-facing link on a LAN card. The pfc3 only supports allocating labels for vfi's that have p-facing links which terminate on sip+spa, ES, or OSM+ line cards, and of course p2p eompls vc's. The pfc3 will be fine with acting as a P device for both lan cards and wan cards. The issue you are seeing occurs only when the device is acting as a vfi PE and when you wish to run P-facing links on lan ports.

-Tk