[c-nsp] Recieving Dying Gasp notifications

Kaegler, Mike KaeglerM at tessco.com
Tue Jun 15 12:27:05 EDT 2010

I have a few remote sites which can be prone to power failures. For
various reasons, implementing UPSs with management cards is not suitable
and/or desirable.

The remote equipment all supports Dying Gasp, however, but I cannot seem
to find a way to make my 7200s, 3800s, or 2600s to receive the DG
notifications. Google seems to indicate that only the CRS-1 will do it.

This seems a pretty simple & low-cost feature... is there truly no Cisco
support for receiving DG on sub-million-dollar routers?
-porkchop