[c-nsp] Alert: Correction

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Thu Jun 17 09:00:46 EDT 2010

Jun Kemail <junkemail3rd at gmail.com> wrote:

> An employee of The University of Toledo, Jason Mishka, transmitted a message
> to this listserv on January 15, 2010, giving his personal opinion about
> Bluecat Networks products.  It has since been published on other listservs
> and re-transmitted without authorization to other sites/forums.  His
> assessments and statements are his opinion and NOT that of The University of
> Toledo.

This is almost edging on a kind of Streisand effect[1]...

> The University of Toledo does not agree with or support his opinion.
> Businesses deciding whether to utilize Bluecat Networks products
> should not rely upon his opinion message in any way.  We would
> appreciate it if all remarks were disregarded and if possible, removed
> from the listserv.
>
> Thank you. VP IT/CIO.
>
>From a Gborg account, especially one called 'Jun kEmail'?  Assuming this
is a legit email, if you plan on making official statements regarding an
employee's obviously personal opinion[2], it is probably more effective
in my view to consider using your organisation's email address?

As for the Bluecat Networks' sales droids who, in my opinion, obviously
pressed for this statement to be released, congratulations It is this
attempt to censor opinion rather than to actually improve your customers
opinion of you that has guaranteed I will not even look at your product
line.

Cheers

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
[2] "*I'd* recommend against a bluecat appliance based on our
	experience."

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: A fool and your money are soon partners.