[c-nsp] Console problems

Rick Burts r.burts at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 20 15:08:59 EDT 2010

Richey

Is it possible that this router has been configured
with "no exec" under the console port? I have seen
people do this when they meant no exec-timeout. No
exec on the console will produce the symptoms that
you describe in which you can see syslog messages
displayed but can not enter any commands. Is it
possible to telnet/SSH to the router and check the
config? Or the password recovery procedure to ignore
the startup config would be a way to get around it if
this is the problem.

HTH

Rick