[c-nsp] 7606 config issue !!!

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Jun 21 10:46:35 EDT 2010

On 21/06/10 15:10, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> Can someone demonstrate exactly what is being entered?
>
> I've seen some of these similar bugs fixed.

Interesting. The vlan name one (long-standing irritation of mine) is
fixed as of at least 12.2(33)SXI4:

core-spare#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with ...
core-spare(config)#vlan 999
core-spare(config-vlan)#name test vlan
                                   ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

core-spare(config-vlan)#name "test vlan"
core-spare(config-vlan)#^Z
% Applying VLAN changes may take few minutes.  Please w

core-spare#sh run vlan 999
Building configuration...

Current configuration:
!
vlan 999
  name "test vlan"
end

It *used* to nvgen, under e.g. 12.2(18)SXF (6, I think):

vlan 999
  name test vlan
end

...which obviously failed to parse on reload. It's good that it's fixed.
The "ip route name" seems to be fixed in that release too, though that's
not a feature we use:

core-spare#sh run partition ip-static-routes
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 116 bytes
!
Configuration of Partition - ip-static-routes
!
!
ip route 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.255 Null0 name "foo bar"