[c-nsp] OSPF for Routed Access -- OSPF in IP Base on 3650/3750?

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Tue Jun 22 12:27:02 EDT 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:55:41 -0500, you wrote:

> Just spotted a feature called "OSPF for Routed Access" in the 6500 SXI4
> release notes, which seems to indicate that single-area OSPF support is
> coming to IP Base IOS images.

"OSPF for Routed Access" is not limited to a single area. You can find
the limitations in e.g. the Catalyst 4500 Release Notes (Sup6 only):
"OSPF for Routed Access supports only one OSPFv2 and one OSPFv3
instance with a maximum number of 200 dynamically learned routes".

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/OL_5184.html)

> I wasn't able to find any information regarding this feature in the
> 3750/3650 release notes for 12.2.(53)SE --

OSPF for Routed Access is not (yet) supported for those switches.
Contact your account team for more information.

-A