[c-nsp] OSPF for Routed Access -- OSPF in IP Base on 3650/3750?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Tue Jun 22 12:50:30 EDT 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:

> "OSPF for Routed Access" is not limited to a single area. You can find
> the limitations in e.g. the Catalyst 4500 Release Notes (Sup6 only):
> "OSPF for Routed Access supports only one OSPFv2 and one OSPFv3
> instance with a maximum number of 200 dynamically learned routes".

So, what would you do with that?  Put each "OSPF for Routed Access" switch
in its own NSSA area uplinked to a more capable ASBR, using OSPF to
advertise customer routes, but learning nothing but a default?

BTW...is there really a 3650 switch, or is that just a very common typo
for 3560?  It's even in some cisco documents.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_data_sheet09186a00801cfb71.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12.2_37_se/configuration/guide/swintro.html
  Catalyst 3750-E and 3560-E Switch Software Configuration Guide, 12.2(37)SE

  The examples also apply to the Catalyst 3650-E switch. In the previous
  example, the specified interface on a Catalyst 3560-E switch is
  gigabitethernet0/5 (without the stack member number of 1/).