[c-nsp] Centos upload speed slower on 1000m than 100m over WAN links

Paul paul at gtcomm.net
Sun Jun 27 05:20:40 EDT 2010

Yeah I tried that.. I really think it's a problem with the linux kernel
and e1000e driver and possibly either limited to that or an
incompatibility with cisco switch but I doubt that since i get such good
speeds locally.
I did some further testing and turned off all the checksum, segment
offloads, frag offloads, etc that i could in the driver and it
gave me a much better but very unstable ranging 2-8MB/s.  It almost
looks like it has a packet ordering issue, but only happens on 1000m, and
if that is the case this is the wrong forum to post on about that. And
over a local link, the latency is so fast that it's not noticable, but
once the latency
gets to 20-30ms and above it becomes worse.  Best guess so far.

--
GloboTech Communications
Phone: 1-514-907-0050 x 215
paul at gtcomm.net