[c-nsp] Centos upload speed slower on 1000m than 100m over WAN links

Grzegorz Janoszka Grzegorz at Janoszka.pl
Sun Jun 27 12:04:15 EDT 2010

On 27-6-2010 8:03, Paul wrote:
> If I set the port speed to 100 megabits full duplex on the switch and
> server , the clients that get 1-5MB/s now get 11MB/s which is
> approximately the limit of the 100mbit port. Totally stumped here, tried
> different nics, servers, even 4 different switches. Is a very
> interesting problem and I'm probing to see
> if anyone else has encountered it. So far the only OS i have tried is
> centos, but different versions and kernels and hardware.

We had the same issue with Centos, Broadcom NIC and Cisco switches. We
discovered that other distros helped, downgrading Centos kernel could
probably help as well.

We solved it reinstalling all affected Centos servers to Debian.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka