[c-nsp] Centos upload speed slower on 1000m than 100m over WAN links

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Jun 28 16:55:36 EDT 2010

On 28/06/2010 21:06, Jon Lewis wrote:
> I'm still trying to figure out what to look at for IPv6 layer 3 ports to
> replace our fleet of 3550-48's.  Maybe this won't be an issue because we
> really don't likely need gigabit on all ports...the 3560-48 may be good
> enough.

there's quite precise speculation on 3560 / 3750 buffer size here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/cisco/nsp/109456

>  0.75MB of ingress buffering is dynamically divided into port
> buffers/queues, 2 of which are user-configurable. There's 2MB of
> egress buffering that provides 4 egress queues per physical port.

>From spending about 20 minutes looking at Google and the Cisco web site
earlier today, I've decided that Cisco only mentions port buffer sizes when
they're large enough to be worth mentioning.  So, the 4900 has 16M shared
port buffers, the me3800x has 256 megs, and so on.

As you note, good luck looking for any mention of the 2960 / 3560 / 3750
range buffers.

Nick