[c-nsp] Speed problem and router seems to sluggish

Rudy Setiawan rudy at rudal.com
Sun Jun 27 22:03:26 EDT 2010

Hi Matt,

the destination address varies but I just pick a random IP address to do the
cef lookup:

border2#show mls cef exception status
Current IPv4 FIB exception state = TRUE
Current IPv6 FIB exception state = FALSE
Current MPLS FIB exception state = FALSE

border2#sh plat  hardware pfc mode
PFC operating mode : PFC3B

border2#
border2#show mls cef lookup 216.45.67.8

Codes: decap - Decapsulation, + - Push Label
***** FIB is in exception state for IPv4 unicast *****
Index  Prefix              Adjacency
189177 216.45.66.0/23      Te2/1           , 0021.a0ef.268c

Weird on the FIB is in exception state...does that mean it is software
switched?

Thanks,
Rudy