[c-nsp] Looping up far end smartjack

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Mon Jun 28 22:58:27 EDT 2010

On 6/28/10 7:37 PM, Richey wrote:
> Will the card respond to loop codes even if the router is in ronmon?

The NIU will respond to loop codes regardless of the state of the
router.  The router doesn't even need to be connected.

CSUs that are integrated into a WIC will probably not respond if the
router is in rommon, although I haven't tried it.  I believe that some
microcode needs to load from IOS to make the WIC functional.

Old-school external CSUs like the Adtran TSU will loop regardless of the
state of the router.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net