[c-nsp] mpls over native ipv6?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Jun 30 22:28:30 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 05:18:12 am Christian MacNevin
wrote:

> I'm prodding around at a couple of different IOSes and
>  googling, and it seems as though 6PE is well documented,
>  but while I can see white papers about MPLS over native
>  ipv6, I'm not exactly sure how well supported it really
>  is.
>
> Anyone got the info on this? Supported trains for the
>  7200 perhaps?

Currently, IPv6 control plane support for LDP is not
implemented by any known vendor, despite the fact that
'draft-manral-mpls-ldp-ipv6-03' has been in existence for
quite some time now.

I've been chasing both Cisco and Juniper about it for years,
but it doesn't appear to be an interesting area of focus for
either of them. No idea what other vendors are thinking.

I don't see it becoming available for at least another 1.5 -
2.5 years from now, but I do hope to be proven wrong, sooner
rather than later.

Cheers,

Mark.