[c-nsp] SecureACS Appliance & AD Authentication

Ryan Lambert thirdfrl.nsp at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 12:51:26 EST 2010

Right... seems I've turned all the knobs and flipped all the switches I can
for right now. I was just trying to squeeze as much fault-tolerance into it
as humanly possible using what I have.

I think if I lose the backend DB (since it's AD) sources, and cannot access
the ACS server, I've probably got a much larger issue on my hands anyway.

Any more redundancy than what I have now is likely to require a separate
appliance at another site of ours + DB servers at that site as well.
Fortunately we're not doing any dial-up, etc. authentication so it's about
as easy as it gets for this application. Network guys are a little more
forgiving than users when things like this "don't work". :)

Thanks for all the advice, folks.

-Ryan