[c-nsp] 7606 RSP720

Kevin Loch kloch at kl.net
Wed Mar 3 17:56:57 EST 2010

Sharlon Carty wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have a police-map applied to a vlan interface set to 10mbit. Works fine, as long as traffic is routed on the CEF720 48 port module. But the moment traffic is routed on the RSP720, traffic is above the 10mbit.
>
> Is there something on the RSP720 that needs to enabled?

The SIP-600 includes a DFC.  Unfortunately on this platform each
forwarding engine makes policing decisions independently. In
addition all policing decisions are made on the ingress forwarding
engine, even for egress policers.

Ingress traffic on the SIP-600 may be rate limited to 10mbps, but you
could get another 10mbps of ingress traffic from line cards that use the
PFC on the rsp720.  If you have other DFC's in the system they would
also add to the total if there is ingress traffic for that vlan on them.

- Kevin