[c-nsp] Why Cisco insists on java?

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Sun Mar 7 13:48:41 EST 2010

I just tried to update a new SR and i got a window telling me to install
a cisco java applet.
After ignoring them, i realized that i can't upload any new files to my
case unless i allow the java applet to be installed!
And when i though a clean start could help me, i found out that on the
second try my browser crashed!

After all the hassle made by the java software downloader, does cisco
think java is a good idea for updating tac cases too?
Is it so difficult to add an option in user's profile to disable all
java stuff, but still get functional browsing?

--
Tassos