[c-nsp] Spanning-Tree vs. EoMPLS links in SXI2?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Mar 11 04:09:25 EST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 06:36:44PM +1000, David Hughes wrote:
> On 11/03/2010, at 7:33 AM, Gert Doering wrote:
> > Workaround:
> > Not to Send BPDU over EOMPLS.
>
> What a fantastic work around.  There's a bug that breaks STP so the
> work around is not to use STP.  Pure genius.

*g*

Actually, this is along the lines of what I expected as one of the
potential responses from this list - "don't build your redundancy on
top of STP" (which is why I explained my setup in somewhat more detail).

There are good arguments for avoiding STP - and "less Cisco bugs to hit"
is certainly one of them... - but still, the workaround is definitely
worth quoting every now and then :-)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de