[c-nsp] Spanning-Tree vs. EoMPLS links in SXI2?

Mateusz Blaszczyk blahu77 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 05:51:15 EST 2010

you could probably do something like this

R1 ==(trunk)== Q1 -- R2 --(MPLS cloud)-- R3 -- Q2 ==(trunk)== R4

Where Q1 and Q2 would on the trunk side:
  switchport mode dot1q-tunnel
  switchport access vlan QinQ
  l2tunnel-protocol STP
and then the "tunneled" STP may get forwarded via xconnect.
Specifically Q1-R2 function could be done on R2 with an external loop.

But that is just a workaround not a solution. And I wouldn't do it.
A solution would be to extended mpls towards R1 and R4 but that
probably is not possible.

Best Regards,

-mat