[c-nsp] Spanning-Tree vs. EoMPLS links in SXI2?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Mar 11 08:06:32 EST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 01:56:29PM +0200, Anrey Teslenko wrote:
> Cisco declare some restriction for propagation BPDU across EoMPLS  cloud,
> may be this  decision for your problem...

Well...

> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/ios/12.2SXF/configuration/guide/pfc3mpls.html#wp1279824

The *next* section of this list states:

"In PFC3BXL or PFC3B mode, all protocols (for example, CDP, VTP, BPDUs) are
tunneled across the MPLS cloud without conditions."

(and the VLAN in question is not known to the router doing the EoMPLS
encapsulation, and it isn't the "native VLAN" - and the same setup works
on two SXH3a routers, while the document above is for SXF...)

Case with our gold partner is still stuck in the "what are you talking
about?  please send 'show tech' for all involved devices!" phase...

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de