[c-nsp] top of rack switch recommendations

Alex Krohn alex at overdrawn.net
Tue Mar 16 18:11:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue Mar 16 2:24:32 PM, Ryan West wrote:
> Where did you get PoE from on the 2350?  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10116/index.html

D'oh, was thinking the 2750. The 2350 looks nice, but no mention of ipv6 support
at all, and the 12.2.46EY IOS in feature navigator seems pretty sparse as well.
Does anyone have any 2350's and can comment?

> Also, you might consider the nexus 5k with 2k extenders for the ToR.  I tried to
> find some documentation on the IPv6 support, but I can't find much.

Will have a look, was hoping for a one-to-one replacement of 2950/2960's though. Cisco
was all set to sell me on 4948's even though I mentioned ipv6 support as a requirement, so
not feeling too happy about that. :)

On Tue Mar 16 2:57:02 PM, Ryan Otis wrote:
> The new FCX648, looks nice on paper.  I'd highly recommend doing a trial
> / POC and test the exact combination of the features you need/want
> before committing to a purchase of any small stackable.  We are a mixed
> shop and I've found a few features on the Frocade gear to have broken
> implementations. (more so than Cisco)  A quick skim of the specs and
> manual suggest it supports everything on your list.  Definitely test. :)

Thanks, appreciate it! Will check it out.

Alex