[c-nsp] top of rack switch recommendations

Cyrill Malevanov cm at n-home.ru
Wed Mar 17 16:05:32 EDT 2010

I would take 3560/3560E depending on traffic load, as access switches (3560E with 10GE uplink) and 4900M as an aggregation device (l2 aggregation of 10GE links).
Not 6500ME - it's oversubscribed very heavily, 1:3 on access ports. 4948 is too expensive and it's an SP aggregation switch, not the access one.
3750 is good, but I don't think you need stacking capabilities regarding its cost

Cyrill