[c-nsp] IPv6

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Mar 17 06:38:23 EDT 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 6:15 AM, Peter Rathlev wrote:

> But in the end there's only us (i.e. me, my colleagues and my employer)
> to blame for our lack of using IPv6. I'm not proud of that. :-)

Depending on which trend line you follow, you will want to have a plan ready as part of your 2011 budget if you're not already there.

You're looking at roughly 560-900 days, or basically, end of 2011.  If your budget does not include this, please have a scheduled turn-off date for your devices around that timeframe.

If you offer services to end-customers, you will want to have your equipment upgraded and ready to meet that deadline, including your policies, procedures, testplans, etc.

Infact, I suggest you shift your focus to IPv6 feature testing in favor of IPv4.

- Jared