[c-nsp] 6500s SXI and EoMPLS

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:24:27 EDT 2010

>> For TE (and MPLS in general) check:
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/con
>> figuration/guide/pfc3mpls.html
>>

> These documents mention no reference to TE for EoMPLS: is it safe to assume
> therefore that the 650 doesn't support tE for EoMPLS?

No, it's not. One thing that you might give it a try is using a
specific loopback on both routers for the EoMPLS tunnel, announce
these new loopbacks on the IGP, and then using TE for the traffic to
those loopbacks. I was planning to test it to see if it works but
ended up in a new job before that...

> Am I also correct in saying that, since outgoing policies are not support on
> 6500s for LAN-based cards, there is no real way to give shape or restrict
> EoMPLS pseudowire bandwidths by EXP/TC field?

Class-based tunnel-selection doesn't support AToM if I recall it well,
but you probably can use a 1:1 pseudowire:tunnel ratio to have a more
granular control.

Rubens