[c-nsp] DSCP QoS through QinQ tunnel

Tony Baade Tony at bobbroadband.com
Wed Mar 17 17:37:58 EDT 2010

All,

We have a client who is using DSCP to tag VOIP traffic through a QinQ tunnel we built for them on our network.  The client is reporting their traffic is being tagged when leaving their LAN on one side of the tunnel, but when arriving on the other side the tag has been stripped.  Is there any thing we need to do w/ the QinQ tunnel to ensure their QoS tags are not stripped?

We are using cisco 3550s to terminate each end of the QinQ and the tunnel is being trunked over a backbone consisting of 6524s and 6503s.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks