[c-nsp] BGP Balancing

Muhammad Jawwad Paracha jawwad14 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 01:29:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

Agree with Jay, AS path prepending is one good option to influence inbound
traffic to load balance. Though you have to be precise with how many AS you
are prepending to exactly load balance. But I have seen in web hosting
environment that it sometime causes website user with problem of page not

These things need to be planned,and slowly implemented.

Regards,
Jawwad Paracha
IBM

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Jay Hennigan <jay at west.net> wrote:

> On 3/21/10 9:53 PM, Chris Gotstein wrote:
> > It's actually both, but i'm mostly concerned with inbound traffic.
>
> Inbound is trickier than out

ound.  Many carriers offer a list of BGP