[c-nsp] Spanning-Tree vs. EoMPLS links in SXI2?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Mar 23 06:47:05 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 03:44:42PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> maybe a stupid question: are there any issues known with Rapid-PVSTP,
> EoMPLS links, and IOS SXI2?

I promised to keep you updated, and here we go :-)

TAC Case number is SR 613877519.

The (very friendly and competent) TAC engineer managed to track down
the problem on our router - the STP PDUs are properly EoMPLS encapsulated,
but then forwarded to the SP, and not to the next-hop router, so they
don't go anywhere.

The problem could be reproduced with our combination of ingress/egress
modules in the TAC lab, and a bug ID has been assigned: CSCtf77954

The bug is in SXI2 and SXI3, and not in SXH4 (which confirms what we
saw ourselves, it's not in SXH3a).  No feedback from "engineering" yet
on whether it's the same issue as for LACP-over-EoMPLS, and whether the
same fix will also fix our bug.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de