[c-nsp] Cisco 4900M Issue

Jimmy Changa jimmy.changa007 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 17:41:02 EDT 2010

Eric,

Thanks for the info. Would you be willing to share a link to the
documentation? Iv been looking for something that spelled out the tech specs
of the switch.

Jimmy Changa via Droid

On Mar 23, 2010 5:27 PM, "Eric Kujawski" <ekujawski at softlayer.com> wrote:

Jimmy,

Per the Cisco document I'm looking at, the bottom (8) 10G ports are line
rate (80G).  The top expansion slots are 40G each (2:1 oversubscription
if you buy the 8 port cards).  As for your issue, we've not seen any
problems like this on our 4900Ms (quite a number in production doing
over 10G on the bottom ports in a 2x10G or 4x10G port-channel setup).

Best of luck getting that tracked down.

-Eric